Ayurvedic Treatment for Diabetes
In ayurveda the diabetes is termed as madhu medha, it is considered as a kapha type of disorder in a person, where the decrease in the activity of agni is said to be the actual cause in the increase of blood sugar.
Treatment for Diabetes Comprises
- Diet modification
- Yoga and exercise
- Herbs to cure diabetes
Herbs or Ingredients for Diabetes in Ayurveda
- Bitter Gourd
- Gurmar Leaves
Home Remedies to Managing Diabetes
- Consumption of bitter gourd cooked in ghee for three months can reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Taking a cup of bitter-gourd juice with one tablespoon of Indian goosberry juice can enable the secreation of insulin by pancrease.
- Driniking water by mixing 10 neem leaves, 10 tulsi leaves, and 10 belpatras every day in the morning with empty stomach and control blood sugar levels.
- Storing one cup of water in a copper vessel at night and driking the same in the morning can help.
Ayurvedic Diet for Diabetes
- Avoiding rice, potato, cereals and fruits which are rich in sugar content.
- In every day meal atleast one bitter dish should be introduced
- Should take good amount of green vegitables, fish and soy.
Don’ts for Diabetic Patients
- Avoid sleeping during daytime
- Avoid smoking
- Take adequate eye care
- Do exercise regularly
- Take extra care of your foot